17 December 2009

Lacking inspiration

I haven't been feeling very inspired lately style wise. The weather has been extremely cold and we have a pretty thick layer of snow on the ground here. Warmth and sensible footwear have been my main priority this week, as I contend with hour long train delays and icy streets trying to get to work and back! Its also not helped by the fact that I can barely fit into any of my clothes anymore, and its getting harder and harder to look presentable on a daily basis! Thankfully its now the weekend and I have a rare day with no plans so I can spend all day in my comfiest and cosiest clothes. I think the situation is only going to get worse over the next few weeks as I'll be spending lots of time at home over the festive season. Bring on the leggings, cosy warm socks and sweaters!

Talking of cosy, I'm currently loving this chunky Paul and Joe Sister cardigan:

I think I would get lots of wear out of this over the next few months, layered over a white tee like the model, or a striped tee. I think it would be perfect transitional piece for spring too. I'm pretty sure the sales will be starting next week so I'm going to look out for it then.



1 comment:

  1. Nice sweater that would leave room for a tummy or can be belted afterward. Can't say I get too inspired during our grey Northeast winters. Some days it's an effort to look beyond my charcoal, black or navy turtlenecks! Enjoy the coming holidays.

    ReplyDelete